Monday, December 22, 2008

Qatar Riyal 500



My DM went to Qatar in November and I asked his PA to get me Qatar's 500 Riyal note. When I went to Qatar in January earlier this year to lead the negotiation team for Brunei-Qatar Avoidance of Double Taxation Agreement, I forgot to save the 500 Riyal note. I think I did but I had to pay for something on the last day and I had to use it.

This time round, I made sure that I got the 500 Riyal note which is worth just slightly more than B$200. The note is a polymer and had a small window in the middle of it. This is like the new Qatari 100 Riyal note.

The Qatari notes have a special place in my life. It was the last country I went to as a Ministry of Finance official. The day after I arrived back in Brunei, I was promoted to my current job.

1 comment:

asher said...

Hi happy new year

I can exchange in basis phone cards 1=1 sets=sets 100x100 or nore
i exchange 100x100 uesd stamps commorative
FDC 1=1 value +/- the same or by catalogue michel ( price Israel like
mint+tab)
arerogrammas can give uesd w/w same mint
Mint stamps +bloc w/w I need them except this lands( east europa cuba china
india france brasil GB ) basis in face value old by catalogue
banknots= mint (unc) new in face value old by catalogue pick 2005
coins= i have w/w i do not callect i can give for stamps banknots
postcards=mint 4000 for sell or exchange for stamps FDC banknots
All letters R mail 2 side

My add asher carmi pob 5105 ashdod 77150 israel