Thursday, June 13, 2013

Chinese 10 Yuan Second Series



This Chinese 10 Yuan was part of the second series of the Renmimbi. It was issued in 1955. I am not very familiar with the Chinese currencies but I remembered when I was in Nanjing in 2008, this particular 10 Yuan note was the most elusive. I even found a shop which sold the complete set of the Chinese Renmimbi except this particular note was not in that box. The shop assistants told me that this note was not easy to get. When I came back, I searched for it and eventually found this one.

This one came as if it h as not been used. I am not sure whether this is genuine as most photographs I have seen of this note showed used notes. The only thing I can tell is that this one has a watermark which is visible when you hold the note to the light. Does that prove it is genuine?

No comments: