Friday, August 10, 2007

Lucky $5 - 888


I found this to be quite an intriguing note. This, in case you don't know it, is the last $5 to be issued on paper before today's $5 polymer note. The intriguing bit about it is that when you look at it, you know it was not that far back when you had it in your wallet. But when you think hard enough, it was quite a while ago when it was last in your wallet. In fact, it must have been 10 years ago!

Anyway, to get one is not that hard - you can still find it in shops - there are still people using it - them not realising the value of their $5 note. This $5 note is currently being traded at about 3 times its face value, so a piece would get you around $15. But the note I have up there is worth more than the 3 times. Look at the triple 8 numbers at the end. See? Okay, if there is anybody out there who has more money than sense, pleace call or email me. I am willing to give up this note for the really really right price. If you know what I mean?

2 comments:

H.M. said...

I think the last time I had one in my wallet was a year ago. I suppose if it's worn and creased it wouldn't be worth more than its face value then? :) Not that I have it anymore...

Rozan Yunos said...

if you had it, i would have asked you to keep it. in ten years time, it would be worth a fortune. the $1 begawan note is worth about 50 times its face value now.